Happy New Year! I love the New Year because it gives us all a chance to start fresh, to begin again on those long-forgotten goals. Is fixing or improving your smile a nagging goal year after year for you? Or is it simply something that you say “someday” year after year. With in-office conscious sedation and interest free financing, a smile makeover is painless for you and your pocket book!!
- Bleach your teeth – This can easily be done with over-the-counter white strips. A more aggressive option is professional tray bleaching or chairside bleaching at a dental office. Tray bleaching is the most cost effective and easy. Many whitening systems only require you to wear the trays for 30 minutes!!!
- Tooth Colored Bonding – If you have a misshapen or rotated tooth or if the shapes of your teeth create a smile you don’t like, then a trained dentist can painlessly change your smile by adding a bonded composite material to your teeth. Bonding, combined with a prior bleaching treatment, is one of your best options for teeth that look wonderful.
- Crowns or Implants. Use these options to fix any individual unsightly or missing teeth. All Porcelain (metal free) Crowns cover a tooth and tend to strengthen it, while remaining extremely esthetic. If you need a single tooth replacement, an implant is often a terrific way to replace it, assuming you have enough bone remaining in the space to hold an implant.
- Keep Your Teeth Clean. Use an electric toothbrush; my favorite is the Sonicare brand electric tooth brush (any rechargeable model is good) Then start flossing! Healthy gums are definitely part of a beautiful smile.
- Straighten your teeth with braces. Both conventional orthodontics and Invisalign clear braces (invisible trays) are great options these days. Invisalign uses a series of clear invisible plastic trays to gradually move the teeth into a better position.
- Porcelain laminates – This is truly one-stop shopping. You can achieve white, perfectly aligned and shaped teeth – sometimes in one day! This treatment option works by resurfacing your front teeth with a thin veneer of bonded porcelain. Porcelain laminates are best for improving smiles in which teeth are worn, poorly positioned or discolored